Q&A 2.4x

Rigging Q&A from the Forum (or elsewhere)

Armature Components
Q: How do I create and position shapes for my controllers? Answer [at 34:30]
Q: How do I determine the scale of the shapes for my controllers? Answer
Q: How do I get hinged joints to stay oriented to a full character controller? Answer
Q: I have a constraint driver setup properly, but nothing happens? Answer
Q: My B-Bones are twisting, how can I fix it? Answer
Q: How can I setup a control panel for my character? Answer
Q: How can I easily copy constraints from one bone to another? Answer
Q: When I add a pole target on the arm IK solver it doesn't bend, how come? Answer
Q: How can I change the bone colors? Answer
Q: How can I get B-Bones to twist but not bend? Answer
Q: How can I turn a switch off using another switch? Answer
Q: How can I limit the rotations of bones in an IK chain? Answer

Mesh Deformations
Q: My character is made of curves, how do I prevent it from twisting? Answer
Q: How do I drive shape keys with bones? Answer
Q: How can I skin multiple objects to one armature? Answer
Q: Why does the leg pinch/deform when I tab into pose mode? Answer
Q: How can I get buttons on the shirt to follow along without deforming? Answer
Q: Why is my IK chain stretching when I don't want it to? Answer
Q: How can I get a mesh to follow the shapekeys of another? Answer
Q: When using bone heat I get the error "cannot find solution for one or more bones", why? Answer

Character Setup / Design
Q: How can I rig a squishy ball? Answer
Q: How can I pass an object between two characters? Answer
Q: Mirror Pose doesn't work properly! How can I fix it? Answer
Q: How can I keep the foot in place when I move the body? Answer
Q: How do I keep the eyeballs inside the head? Answer
Q: How can I rig eyelashes? Answer
Q: How can I setup the eyes with lattices to track a target? Answer
Q: How can I create automatic secondary animation? Answer
Q: How can I rig a character made of metaballs? Answer
Q: I made half an armature and half a mesh... how can I mirror it? Answer
Q: Why won't the elbow point in the right direction? Answer
Q: How can I rig a snake-like creature with non-deforming parts? Answer

Mechanical
Q: How can I rig a hydraulic piston? Answer, another Answer
Q: How can I setup a robot leg with hinges? Answer
Q: How can I rig a bike chain / tank tread? Answer
Q: How can I rig a hose that is attached at both ends? Answer

Technical
Q: How do I link my character into my scene? Answer
Q: How can I easily select all the bones in the same bone group? Answer
Q: How can I constrain a bone to a face normal? Answer

This site uses Google AdSense Advertising. For more information on Google's privacy policy, please visit this link.